COVID-19 Policies & Procedures
The Okanagan Golf Club is Open for Play!
We are happy to announce that the Golf Course is open for members and guests for golf with an updated set of guidelines and protocols:
As a business operator our priority is the well being and safety of our Members, Guests and Employees during this viral outbreak. Until this is behind us, we can expect many conversations and changing procedures. We continue to monitor the evolving global, federal and provincial public health situation around COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and commit to follow the latest directions provided to us by the relevant authorities. There are no limits as to the precautions that can be taken, however, with the information available we will endeavor to provide the safest environment possible for us to deliver a golf experience that adheres to our government and health regulators.
The Okanagan Golf Club is taking certain measures to help prevent the possible spread of the virus. To support the efforts of the individual, we have implemented certain strategies at this property that include:
- Payment is encouraged in advance via phone in to golf shop however if payment in person is the only option that can be done in the golf shop. Two people in golf shop maximum at any time. Please allow for physical distancing at check in.
- The Practice Facility is open to passholders and guests.
- Increasing the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in all Club areas, especially in areas of high use, such as washrooms and door handles.
- Placing additional hand sanitizer stations in high traffic, communal areas e.g. entrance to clubhouse, exit from washrooms.
- Removing self-service food and beverage stations.
- Training employees on safety and sanitary precautions and protocols.
- Adding educational signage reminding all golfers and employees to take preventative measures to minimize risk.
- Removing non-essential items around the Golf Course and Clubhouse that can be handled by multiple persons.
- Limiting non-essential vendor and supplier visits.
- Encouraging nods or waves instead of handshakes.
- Enforcing Physical distancing. Stay a minimum of 2 meters/6ft apart at all times.
It is imperative that Members and our Guests abide by the protocols below as failure to do so will result in the individual(s) being removed from the facility. We must all become socially responsible for our actions and behavior so golf can remain open for the enjoyment of all, through these challenging times.
Any players without symptoms of COVID-19 are currently permitted to play golf if they adhere to the following protocols:
- PRIORITY 1 - Practice physical distancing. Always stay a minimum of 2 meters or 6 feet apart. Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Members book online or phone only...General Public book by phone only, reducing contacts in and around the Clubhouse – this allows us to make sure every player receives the latest information regarding protocols while at the facility.
- Change shoes in the parking lot and respect the closed areas of the Clubhouse.
- All players will be required to handle their own clubs from arrival to departure.
- Meet on the first tee observing distancing guidelines with modified greetings, nods and waves [No handshakes or high fives etc.]
- Golfers should only pick their own ball up.
- Consider carrying your own hand sanitizer and use frequently while at the facility
- Public drinking fountains and ball cleaners have either been removed or closed for use, please bring your own towel.
- Leave the flag in place while putting as holes have pool noodles added for easy retrieval of balls. Encourage 2-foot gimmes and continuous putting when on greens.
- Rakes have been removed. Smooth out the sand in the bunker with a club or your foot to the best of your ability.
- No handshakes on 18th green and do not hand over money!
- Once the round is finished, please exit the facility promptly and travel home safely.
- Insist on physical distancing using the minimum 2 meter/6ft rule on tees, greens and while walking down the fairways and throughout the round. Maintain physical distancing at ALL times while at our property.
- Please always follow signage and protocols provided to you by any of our employees.
- Any players with any symptoms of COVID-19, or at high risk: do not enter any part of the golf facility. If you are unsure please use the self assessment tool provided free online or through the BC Support App. Also do not enter any part of the facility if you are: from a household with someone with any symptoms of COVID-19; self-isolating as a result of contact with an infected person or in families who are self-isolating; or have traveled outside of Canada or the province within the last 14 days (or residing with someone who has). Please stay home for now, and we look forward to seeing you at a later date.
Booking Procedures & Services
- No walk-ons are permitted. All players must have a reserved tee time prior to arrival.
- Food & Beverage options include 10th Food Kiosks selling pre-packed goods only from 10am until 7pm daily. Sarazen’s Restaurant is open daily at 11:00am for Dine-In or Take-Out service. Dine-In will be operating at 50% capacity and maximum group size of 6 guests. Seating is on a first come first served basis and reservations are declined at this time. (reminder, no outside alcohol is permitted on the property, including the parking lot, as per government regulations!).
- Designated washrooms are available on course as well as in clubhouse.
- It is imperative that our Guests abide by the above protocols as failure to do so will result in the individual(s) being removed from the facility. We must all become socially responsible for our actions and behaviour so golf can remain open for the enjoyment of all, through these challenging times.